Monday, December 26, 2011

daily scripture

I get a scripture emailed to me daily,  I have been a bit behind on reading a few emails but finally had the chance to get caught up today and read this scripture:

Dear Children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show by our actions.
1 John 3:18 (New Living Translation)

Honestly, reading that was like a dagger through my heart.  I have not been loving by actions, as a matter of fact my actions down right stink.  Sometimes it's a lot easier to love than to like someone but that doesn't mean I drop the ball on having loving words and actions.  How often am I impatient with the grocer check out person or behind a slow car?  my children are watching my actions and if my actions are not loving how can I expect my kids to be loving towards each other? if they see me gossip or act unkind they will gossip and act unkind, if I am lazy and impatient, they will be lazy and impatient.  If I am loving even if it's by the grace of God then my kids will learn to be loving in all circumstances even when it's really difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment