Wednesday, December 7, 2011

light it up

I meant to post this weeks ago but I kept forgetting and now it's really close to Christmas...but if you want to spread some good cheer to our service men and woman overseas here is an idea:

I read an article while at a rest stop near Vantage Washington heading back from our November Spokane trip and saw an article about a service man from Yakima who wanted Christmas lights for his air base, you can read the article here.  We love Christmas lights at our house, they add sparkle and wonder to the delights of Christmas and it made me a bit sad to think of the wonderful people serving our country all over that will not only miss Christmas with their families but also the delights of lights.  The kids and I got lights, we just made Mr. McGowan some cards and I will mail it tomorrow and hopefully it will get to Afghanistan soon and Christmas delight will be spread.  I think the more lights the merrier.  The address can be found int he article.

Merry Christmas people, spread the cheer, light it up!

1 comment: