Today, while at work on the slowest work day ever...I had ample time to surf the net and saw this
http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog/ blog with pictures of a delightful family. I have to admit that once upon a time before kids, and in New York City, when I had a life and time, I dressed pretty snazzy and took some chances. Over the years I have noticed that I have become...gulp, REALLY conservative. I practically live in jeans (Seven for All Mankind or Paige and I only mention it so that I still feel somewhat cool for wearing designer jeans) and t-shirts. I am even bored with looking at myself in the mirror. I have some how lost my zest to dress funky, fun, young, cute, or adventurous. I need to get my groove back or at least some sort of groove back and get fun, get crazy, or at lest get some new clothes! My inspiration is below (minus the beard for Jer):
 |
| hipster picture #1 |
 |
| hipster picture #2 |
(even their kids have hipster names Julian, Milla and Gemma, love it!)
pictures from bleubird vintage-
I hear ya!! I swear that when I get down to my normal size and stay there for more than a month without getting pregnant, I'm spending some serious money on clothes! I feel like it's been years(!) since I have opened my closed and actually loved something instead of just grabbing whatever works. My kids on the other hand have all kinds of cute stuff. grrr. Also, I love all your blog posts! Yay for you blogging...I always mean to comment but I am usually reading while bouncing the baby and I never remember to come back and type something so here's me saying keep it up! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete