I have a nasty little problem...it's called nagging. It's a very unattractive trait yet it seems to take over my day, especially with my 4 year old. He is slow, painfully slow. My patience wears thin almost every morning getting him to not only sit still to eat a healthy breakfast but to also actually eat it. He's not a picky eater, he eats almost anything. The problem is he eats only a few bites and my momma instincts to make my kids eat takes over and I nag or even worse I baby feed my 4 year old! I remind him several times at every meal to take more bites, to eat more, to sit still and focus on eating. I am sick of my own nagging voice. I need some help, ideas, words of encouragement to get this nipped in the bud. My little guy also takes FOREVER to get himself dressed and guess what? I nag him all morning, I set timers, I make threats. I freak out, I sometimes get him dressed, we are both exhausted by 9am. I want the dressing and eating battles to stop. I know without a doubt the problem is with me, my inconsistency, my lack of self control, my lack of patience. I have heard such a gamut of ideas. Most say "he will eat when he is hungry" or "let him wear pj's to school" etc. and although I agree to a certain extent, it's hard for this momma to do. I would love some tips from my lovely friends. Please don't just say "we don't have that problem in our house, I would not accept it" I need encouragement and "real" ideas and probably a lot of prayers. This is a Theo issue only, for some reason Carter does just fine which makes me realize I may not be a complete failure of a parent but Theo can push those buttons and he's small so I want him to eat, I just want to stop nagging and stop the battles and have an obedient eater and dresser and cleaner upper all throughout the day, thoughts?
*I am reading Love & Logic (again) and it has great ideas, I just need the patience to orchestrate the ideas!
8 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment