About 6 months after we moved back here from NY my brother got a job transfer to Spokane, it was a major bummer for us as we basically hung out non-stop the first 6 months we lived here. Luckily, Spokane isn't too far away and they come visit often but my kids really do miss their kids. So, needless to say we took advantage of Carter and Theo not having school last Thursday and Friday by having Jeremy take some days off and we headed over for a 4 day weekend. We even managed to leave Wednesday afternoon. We had a blast! I really had not spent much time in Spokane since I was in high school, and that's been awhile. I was amazed at all the stuff I had memories about, the downtown stores,
Riverfront Park, and my all time favorite kid memory of Spokane was and still is
The White Elephant. I actually got a bit teary eyed when we went there (because I am a sap like that) remembering my parents surprising us with trips there. I distinctly remember my mom and dad waking us up after having fallen asleep in the car and saying "surprise" and seeing that we were in The White Elephant parking lot, good times indeed! I was excited to take my kids there and it did not disappoint. The Playmobil prices are by far the best I have ever seen and we know our Playmobil prices! The rest of our trip was hanging out at
Cabelas where I tried a buffalo burger which was so gamy and not good that I think I might need to take a break from all red meat for a few months. Jeremy however, was like a kid in a candy shop looking at guns and I am sure without a doubt he was wishing his guns were not at his Grandparents house in Grangeville. It's time for my husband to get back into the wild and get a hobby, he used to rock climb, ski and hunt and then he followed some girl (wink wink) all the way to NYC and never looked backed, the city might run in our veins but I think our Spokane trip made Jeremy want to get back in the swing of things. Our kids of course have a blast with their cousins and even just hanging at their house is fun.
 |
| wrestling with Uncle Jeremy |
 |
| puzzling with Grandpa Dave and Sharon |
 |
| Apples to Apples our favorite game, our dog likes it too apparently! |
 |
| more wrestling! |
 |
| one of favorite pictures : ) |
 |
| The White Elephant has the same ride-on toy from when I was a kid only $.10 cents too! |
 |
| Cabelas |
 |
| maybe Jeremy's dream come true?! |
 |
| Sunrise, Theo, Saphyre, Carter and James, the cousins in order by age |
 |
| Riverfront park, super cold |
 |
| the whole gang |
 |
| fun stuff in Spokane... although this was technically in Idaho so really this is what you see in Idaho folks, gotta love that! |
 |
| My brother Justin and I |
 |
| Jer and I, very cold |
Those are awesome pictures, so much fun!!! i love the one where theo, cart & saph are all out... lol! the one of you in & jer with the guns, too funny!
ReplyDeletexoxo-lins
yes! i have great memories at white elephant too! did you see the garbage-eating goat in the park. i haven't seen it in a long time, i'm wondering if it's still there?
ReplyDeletepaula :)