So since I have been off of FB I have gotten a bit blogger crazy, turns out there are some pretty amazing people in the world. I love reading blogs and unlike FB I find them encouraging and for the most part non-addictive. I just found this blog and almost chocked on my popcorn after reading this: "I have a husband who is so handsome, it hurts me to look at him. I'd follow him to the ends of the earth, and that's basically what I'm doing." I feel that way about Jeremy, seriously. He. Is. So. Stinkin'. Handsome. I once wrote his mom a mother's day card just thanking her for making him, no joke. Turns out he's smart too, like really over the top smart that I often feel totally inferior but it turns out he is just as smitten with me as I am with him, gotta love that.
Then through one blog or another I came across this blog and was immediately wanting not only her sense of style but also one of her paintings. Really, super cool. Jeremy and I like big art, I am sure you have noticed in many of the pictures I post that we like big, big, BIG paintings. I also like that this girl blogs with her heart, it's not all sunshine and rainbows and anyone who has the heart to post about a negative bank account and asks for prayers deserves a medal of bravery in my book.
It turns out I am not the only one with a completely imperfect life. I feel like blogging has this sense of camaraderie. I often feel like I really know someone despite having never met. There are some really cool people out there with big and/or small problems, who love their kids something fierce, who want to do better, and be better. I am always striving for that, to be better and do better, I mess up a lot. I offend easily, I don't learn life lessons the first or even the second time, I say "yes" when I really want to say "no", I chop my hair off and get the official soccer mom haircut and instantly regret it, I snap at my kids, I nag my husband (3rd baby, 3rd baby, 3rd baby...dishes, clothes pick up etc.) I forget to call friends back, I forget to send birthday cards, I show up late, I don't always shower, I put my foot in my mouth, I get nervous when I am intimidated and I gossip (which I just hate about me, working on it, I promise). Yup, I am totally imperfect. This blog is not about making my life look good, it's a love letter to my kids and even love is messy sometimes. Life is messy. But, I really love this life. I am so blessed (3rd baby or not!) and I want to focus on that instead of my many imperfections. These blogs I am looking at (or following) are heartfelt and moving, some are crazy, some are silly, some are sad but most are just living and loving life to the fullest, I admire that. I want that, even if I am here in Seattle, even if I don't ever have more kids, even if I can't say "no" . I want the full enchilada (where did that saying even come from?) of optimism!
For the record, Seattle is beautiful, and despite having the official haircut I am not a soccer mom and I have actually been very good at saying "no" lately
(spell check is not working, sorry for the zillion mistakes)
8 years ago






for the record, you are way too HIP to ever look like a soccer mom!!! Love you sexy mama.
ReplyDeletexoxo-lins
I would actually really love to be a soccer mom, so far none of my children want to do it, but maybe Theo will when he's a bit older!
ReplyDelete