I lived in New York for almost 11 years and I had both my kids at Mount Sinai hospital right across the street from part of Central Park. People always ask me how or why on earth I would want to raise kids there, I think there is a huge misconception that there are no trees or grass in NYC but really there is, I promise. Central Park was our back yard. We lived on the Upper East side and only a few blocks from Central Park. One of best friends lived on the West side and the kids and I would often walk through the park for play dates or met for picnics, we climbed the castle numerous times, feed ducks, watched for turtles, listened to music, blew bubbles, and danced during free concerts in the park. I feel like most of our greatest times in NY were in that park. Jeremy and I were married in Central Park, I read "what to expect when you are expecting" on a bench in that park, we took our babies home in taxis' that we caught in front of the park, we rode bikes, ran and played in that park, drank wine while listening to Symphony in the park, we love that park. So in honor of our beloved backyard and Carter's life up until age 6 here is way too many pictures of our favorite place on earth, Central Park.
 |
| Taxi ride home from Hospital after Carter's birth |
 |
| Playing with mom |
 |
| rowing w/ dad |
 |
| bubbles at the Great Lawn |
 |
| climbing trees |
 |
| heading to the Central Park zoo |
 |
| Turtle pond (if you look close you can see the reflection of the Central park castle on the water) |
 |
| rock climbing |
 |
| at the Great Lawn about 10-12 weeks old! |
 |
The Gates
|
Nice to see those pictures. SK and I remember those great times. We just found a 15ft waterfall in the North Meadow along with a beautiful stream, wooden bridge, and a woodpecker! Central Park will always be waiting for the Persons to return home...
ReplyDeleteDK