Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the good stuff



This makes me smile, big time.  When we lived in New York City, this is how you got a Christmas tree; you walked around the corner to the sidewalk Christmas tree sellers and picked out the tree that you liked and walked it home.  At this point in our lives we lived in a third floor walk-up, which is no small feat with a Christmas tree and dress shoes nonetheless.  It really never ceases to amaze me that my husband rarely dresses down even to get a tree, he just prefers a suit and tie and lucky for me he looks dashingly handsome in one. 
I have been going through a ton of pictures of Carter as a baby and toddler and it's been so fun.  I know without a doubt that we have had a great life so far.  It's funny because I remember my parents talking about life when we were babies and that despite living in a small and broken down farm house it was one of the greatest times of their lives, now as an older adult I get it.  The apartment we lived in when Carter was born was very small, about 600 square feet.  Her room barely held her crib and a dresser, I complained often but now in retrospect, that place was pretty great. It turns out our building is where Obama was snorting cocaine studying and living while attending Columbia. It was much safer 20 years later when we moved in.  We only lived there until Carter was 2 years old, but I loved that place.  I really loved that we carried, Christmas trees, groceries, strollers, cribs, car seats, and so much more into out tiny little walk-up.  Sometimes the good stuff is just hidden deep down in a a bunch of downloaded photographs and a quick glance can bring so many amazing feel good memories back.  Merry Christmas, early!  

3 comments:

  1. xoxoxox, Cheers to the good stuff and there is so much of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed friend! love love love lifes little blessings and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy! Also, I love that I found this post this morning, since it is SNOWING outside right now. :) That's it. I'm breaking out the Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete