8 years ago
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Well, this is certainly easier said (or read) than done! I recently (finally) lost about 6 pounds and you know what? I don't look any different, nobody noticed, sure my jeans fit a little better but other than that nothing really changed and despite the fact that I am happy to have lost a little, I still have a major poochy tummy. I have this assumption that if I could just get to my perfect weight (pre-Theo weight) life will be perfect and clothes will look great on me and I would look like other people who have had more children than me and are certainly skinnier than me, but I am beginning to think that not much at all would change, life would, indeed still be imperfect. One of my favorite quotes is comparison is a thief of joy and it's so very true, I live everyday consumed with my weight, with what I eat, if I am exercising enough or even at all and quite frankly it's exhausting. I want to come to terms that this may be my new weight and I may always have a jiggly after baby belly, I might never get to wear a cute t-shirt or a tighter tank top, but how do I accept it and just move on? I want to enjoy life and food without being plagued with guilt for days. I read the article and it made sense but there was no tried and true formula for "loving yourself just the way you are" and sucking my tummy in ALL the time is getting tiresome!
Labels:
life lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





i hear you. and i can tell you a million times that you are absolutely drop dead beautiful, but you'll still have to believe it for it to make any difference. i am finally down 19 pounds and it feels amazing to be back to where i was three years ago, but i can still look in a mirror and point out every little flaw. from where i am, though, you're stunning. and even lovelier on the inside.
ReplyDeleteI think every woman in the world can relate to this post. I know this is NOT in the spirit of the article you read, but just being totally honest - I am quite sure there are many, many people who compare themselves to your body and cannot believe you look so great (two kids or not) and are envious. When I see pics of you I see the same thin girl I met almost 20 years ago, except with more style and confidence, looking very chic and sassy. RELAX lady!! You look fan-freakin-tastic! Oh, and if all else fails, remember you do not want to be the lady blaming body issues on having kids when her kids are adults, ya know? As Nene Leakes (my personal advisor on all things LOL!) would say, "it is not a good look!"
ReplyDelete