Thursday, July 21, 2011

waiting

I don't know about you but here in the Seattle area we are still waiting for summer to show up, it's July 21st and yet as I look outside I see grey clouds and fine mist coming down onto our wet grass.  Depressing?  I should think so but when life gives you grey raining skies in the middle of July there is only one thing to do...  take four kids and one grandma to see the movie Cars 2, smuggle in some popcorn and hang tight for most of the afternoon and pray that when we emerge from the dark movie theatre there will be light. There was indeed light and it was almost warm enough to put on swimsuits, almost!  The movie was very exciting, quite the cartoon spy thriller, definitely not as good as the first but fun nonetheless.  Theo was on the edge of his seat and Carter mentioned that she felt like she needed a seat belt on since it was so exciting and we didn't even see it in 3D. My fingers are crossed that summer will find it's way to Palouse so that the kids and I can see some sunshine in July, ride some horses and see some friends.  Thanks for all your prayers that the sun come out for Theo's party. At exactly 3:15pm (party started at 4) the clouds parted and we got sun all afternoon and we had a fantastic party, I am truly blessed with the amazing people we have in our lives that love my kiddo's and helped make Theo's 4th birthday so fantastic, Thank you!

a little peek at the movie : )

1 comment: