Monday, June 27, 2011

okay...

are you reading this blog yet?  I love it.  It inspires me, challenges me, makes me want to be a better person, makes me cry, laugh, smile, cringe, you name it, but by far my favorite blog of all time.   This weekend was glorious, I mean just a really spectacular weekend and at first I couldn't pin point as to why but after reading this on Kelle's blog I realized why.
"In August, I will celebrate my eighth year in Florida. It took five years to beat the homesickness, two more to not cry over the absence of a cold, snowy Christmas and finally, this year, I'm comfortable with the heat. I forget to complain about it, instead remembering to wear ponytail holders as bracelets, keep bathing suits in the car and stock my purse with blotting papers."
This weekend while Jeremy and I were in the car, the kids were happy and quiet, great music was on, the sky was blue, the air was warm, the mountains were gorgeous and I turned to him and just said "we are in it" (yes, I did steal that line from the Garden State movie).  What I meant was we are in this life together (obviously) but we got our not so perfect but totally delightful kids in the back seat, finally weekends together, nothing at all is even close to perfect in our lives...but yet in a weird way it just is because "we are in it" maybe in it to win it, maybe not, but I felt like we didn't have a care in the world and everything was just good.  It was one of those "life is so darn good" moments that I forgot to hate Seattle and actually really kind of liked it and I just decided to accept.  With acceptance can come joy and with joy can come contentment and from there everything can just trickle along as well.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put! Life is to short to not live in the present! Love you!!~ Emy

    ReplyDelete