Tuesday, June 21, 2011

not prepared vs. prepared

Sometimes, even I , have to have a little chuckle as the expense of myself!  Both kids have eye doctor appointments today at 4:10pm and I assume with two kids and two sets of drops, dilation, etc. that we will be getting home around 6 or later so I prepared to make this 16 minute meal, I even got fresh ginger and my meat is already marinating. Can you all just sit back and smile at my preparedness? Yup, I am  totally patting myself on the back, um, except I need to back up because before I do celebratory dance around my kitchen let me tell you about our lunch...I took the kids to Costco to load up on necessities, we went around 11am.  I always forget that they take cash only for the food and as we were loading our cart up the kids started mentioning that they were hungry.  It's a no brainier to get pizza or a hot dog for lunch, it's so cheap and yummy but if you only have change in your purse it makes it much more difficult.  I managed to find $2.20 which was what we needed to get a piece of pizza, I asked for the biggest slice they had for us all to share. Luckily at Costco the portion sizes are out of control. While we were eating our pizza in the glorious sunshine we couldn't help but wish we had enough change for a 3 scoop cone of gelato, 3 scoops for only a $1.50, we could definitely share that too!  Carter suggest we scour the car because Jeremy always drops his change in the sides and all over, and sure enough we came up with enough.  Pizza and ice cream, all shared makes for one fantastic but unprepared fun lunch!

1 comment: