Monday, May 9, 2011

uneventful

It seems the older you get, the more uneventful birthdays turn out to be.  Jeremy turned 33 on Saturday and we celebrated by doing, well, nothing, at all.  Every year he says he wants nothing and every year I get him just a little something, more often than not it's a polo shirt, have I ever mentioned that I have never seen Jeremy in a non-collared shirt?  Polo's or button shirts are the only things he wears when he is not in a suit, lucky for me because he looks ridiculously handsome in collars, he even wear a beat up polo to the gym!  So, this year I didn't get him anything and he really didn't mind.  I did vacuum and clean the car out. He even mowed the lawn on his own birthday, great guy. We had lunch at Ivar's and on the way to lunch Theo just randomly said from the backseat "I am happy" and really anytime a 3.5 year old just says that, it makes life pretty great.  We headed to his parents house in Woodinville for a little birthday dinner.  I was supposed to make lasagna for everyone but his mom called a few days before and told me not to worry about a thing, including dessert (thank you Dena).  I did make homemade french bread as requested from the birthday boy.  We had a lovely evening with his whole family and I am glad that we are finally the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment