8 years ago
Saturday, March 26, 2011
CO
I so wish this post was about Colorado and not carbon monoxide but alas it turns out we had a faulty CO detector but only found that out after the fire department came. At 1:15 am I heard a pretty persistent beeping, I assumed it was another smoke detector as I had to replace a battery in one just last week but it was the CO detector instead. I checked it out and put a new battery in, back to bed, but just 5 minutes latter... BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP silence BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP silence on and off until I took the battery out. I go check to make sure the kids are breathing, they are. The dog is alive and everyone is still asleep, deeply asleep. I head back to bed, but start to really think about the so-called silent killer, carbon monoxide and get back up and put the battery back in, guess what? BEEP all over again! I finally wake Jeremy up who was not too pleased but he got up checked everything out exactly as I had but after all this it was now 2:00 am and the alarm had been going on and off for 45 minutes. We called the fire department because I would rather be safe than sorry any day (or night), we loaded the kids into the car as the fire department instructed and waited for them to get there. The kids were sleepy but also pretty excited by all the "action". The fire people checked it out and the house seemed fine. We were told to buy a new detector and head back to bed, it was almost 3 am by this time and we were all pooped. So everyone please check your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms so you can all have a goodnight sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





nappy poo time for everyone today! glad everything is ok!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about this. If it's any consolation, the exact same thing happened to us 4 years ago. The carbon dioxide detector started beeping in Berlyn's room at 2am. We called the fire dept. It was a faulty detector as well. The funny part was that SK got all dressed up when they arrived. Who puts on tight striped pants during an emergency??? What is it with women and firemen??? - DKNY
ReplyDelete