Quick and easy pizza dough:
1 pkg. dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (about 120degrees, but I never check)
mix yeast in water, mix well until it is a tan cloud
pour into a large mixing bowl
add:
2cups flour, trying to make sure all the flour covers the watery yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
mix well, get some eager child to knead for a few minutes, mold into a round ball cover with a towel and let it rise for an hour or longer. After it has had time to rise, punch it down and roll it out.
I buy the small can of garlic and oregano tomato sauce (about .69 cents) I sometimes add other spices like dried basil. I buy shredded mozzarella on sale for about $2 a bag, and if I have pepperoni in the house I'll add that too.
Tonight, I let the kids make their own little pizza's with leftover dough.
They loved their own mini pizza's, especially since they did it all themselves.
The big pizza made on my new Pampered Chef stone pizza dish.
Voila, dinner for about $3.50 for a family of 4!









Yum! Love this, gonna try it!
ReplyDeleteYum! We let the kids make english muffin pizzas for dinner tonight and they loved it. I hadn't done it since I was a kid... so easy and cheap, I think it'll go into regular rotation!
ReplyDeletePaul is so excited he's off to the store to get the ingredients, yay thanks for the recipe :-) we're making it tonight!
ReplyDelete