8 years ago
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
So...this post has the word Cervix in it, can you handle it?
I haven't posted in a while and I actually do have a lot of stuff to post about but I have just been dealing with some health issues that have me pretty darn drained. I hate drama, well no, that's not true, sometimes drama is really fun but I hate hypochondriac drama so I rarely mention when health stuff is going on because I like to have real answers before I freak everyone out (including myself). I am a total wimp with health stuff, I really have no idea how I survived two c-sections, without being completely knocked out. Just the thought of blood makes me super woozy and nauseous. So, imagine how delighted I was to find out that I needed to get a colposcopy and biopsy of my cervix (yuck)....again. This is the second time in less than a year that I have needed to get this done and let me tell you it is NOT fun, it's much worse (much worse!) than a pap smear. It's completely unpleasant and the fact that they are looking for cancer just makes everything so not fun. Do I have cervical cancer? probably not (tests are not in) but they are more than a bit concerned that I keep getting bad results with my paps so this means I will need to get pap smears every 3 months, every gosh darn 3 months! Most likely, I will need to get a few more colposcopies and biopsies in the next year too. I am okay, I really don't want cancer so I am glad they will keep looking and hopefully catch anything before it gets too unmanageable. I do, however, want a 3rd baby and the most devastating news was that I need to get going on that sooner than later. I am only 33 years old, hardly an age issue but it turns out that if you keep taking bits of your cervix out it becomes increasingly harder to carry a baby. There is a very high chance for miscarriages and premature birth, a worn down chopped up cervix just can't handle it. It's been a lot for us to take in and we are still waiting for lab reports from my biopsy, but luckily cervical cancer is very treatable and hopefully my not so great cervix will hold on for one more kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





oh boy, not fun, hang in there Carissa, I'm sure it will all be fine
ReplyDeleteScary! I hate unknowns...praying for peace.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the PG-13 warning in your title. ;)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though, I'll be praying for you lots. I had a little cancer scare and a biopsy right before Liam was born, and I know it is NOT fun. And yours sounds even less fun. :(
Wishing you a healthy and happy 2011!
Love, Hannah
Sorry to hear about this! Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete