Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am woman hear me roar!

A few months ago I asked Jeremy how I can help with his stress level...something about going to grad school full-time, working full-time, having 2 kids and a wife begging for a 3rd makes his life stressful (I wouldn't know I just run a household, work part-time and raise 2 healthy/happy kids while helping a hubby get through school) needless to say we have a lot going on and we both often feel a little stressed. He mentioned that if I could help mow our mini Central Park lawn it would help him out a ton. I had never mowed a lawn in my life and after doing it the first time which took about 2 hours I realized that I definitely got the better deal growing up as far a chores go and my brothers got the bad ones! After the 2nd or 3rd time of mowing I actually started to like mowing the lawn (gasp!). It might be the smell of fresh cut grass or the fact that Theo usually mows next to me w/ his toy mower or watching my daughter run all over the yard looking for bugs, but somehow something happened and mowing actually became peaceful and enjoyable. I can mow the front and the back in less than 45 minutes and afterwards I can admire my crooked lines and smile thinking I am woman hear me roar, I rock!

(my proof!)

2 comments:

  1. i looove it, you are a rockin' super star lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I feel the same way. I last mowed when I was about 6 months pregnant and I was so proud of myself. :) I'd trade mowing for laundry any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete