I don't usually like to be deceptive but now and again (especially as a mom) life needs a little deception...especially if it's yummy! I found this little book at a thrift store today for only $1.99 so how could I resist? My kids are actually fairly good eaters. They eat a ton of fruits and vegetables and by that I mean they eat at least one piece of fruit a day and at least one veggie a day, so needless to say I could do a little better. My kids are borderline picky, they do eat well but I am more interested in expanding their repertoire. Jessica has some great ideas and some amazingly delicious looking recipes. I am particularly excited about the chocolate doughnut recipe with pumpkin and sweet potato hidden inside!
8 years ago






Great find, I bought this book full price and love it! I have not tried all of the recipes but do have a few favorites that I make often. It also inspired me to put purees in many of my dishes. My number one favorite is the pumpkin oatmeal (I make it weekly!)we also enjoy the couscous, aloha chicken kebabs, sloppy joes, tortilla "cigars", and peanut butter and banana muffins. Like I said, I have not made everything and didn't try many of the desserts, but these were all a hit with my family! On a side note, a great cookie recipe I came across was to mix a can of pumpkin puree and a box of spice cake mix...super easy, super yummy and not too bad for you!
ReplyDeletei need to go invest in this, thanks for the tip
ReplyDelete