Tuesday, January 31, 2012

nervous

I am not sure how this has happened...but I have never really left my kids before.  Carter is 8.5 years old and Theo is 4.5 years old and this is the first time other than a night here or there that Jeremy and I have both left our kids.  I flew to NYC for 3 days right after we moved here but Jeremy was home with the kids.  Jeremy has left for work but I am always home.  We have never flown and been away together.  I will be gone 5 nights and although I am super excited to be reunited in the city that Jeremy and I got married and had two precious children, I am super nervous.  I know my mom will do great with the kids and I know the kids will be great for my mom, it's just hard to let go...um, yes I am a bit of a control freak.  I care what my kids eat, wear, do, especially while I am away and I want to make sure that Jeremy and I both come home safely.  I also know that I will probably have the time of my life and if the kids were not in Seattle to come back too, I would assume Jeremy and I would just stay, stay in that glorious city forever...because even though I am nervous I can't wait to have that overwhelming feeling of just being "home". 

1 comment:

  1. Once you get on that plane, you will feel better, I promise! It's the anticipation that is the worst. . . .

    ReplyDelete