Sunday, August 14, 2011

Woodland Park Zoo

Last, Saturday we surprised the kids with a visit to the Woodland park zoo in Seattle. My friend Jessica gave us free passes which was so generous and we had so much fun.  The highlight was seeing a black bear swimming and pressing his nose up to the glass, so fantastic! I wasn't able to get my camera out fast enough to get a picture of the bear but I did get a few other shots including a few with some fake dinosaurs. The  dino exhibit was a bit disappointing but the kids didn't seem to mind.  I like that Carter loves to read all the info about the animals to Theo, it was a very educational day.

Kimono dragon

Carter studying the map

tigers







2 comments:

  1. LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS-OH MY! What fun. I love the Seattle zoo. One of my favorites is the flamingo area. They get pink from eating all those shrimp! Their nests are amazing mounds of mud. Theo told me he liked the penguins the best. I like how you can see them swim under water through the display window just the right height for kids. Carter told me she couldn't pick a favorite as all of it was good. They did comment on the swimming bear-wow! Lots of love, GMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that zoo, it's always been one of my favorites. I love all the pictures, brings back great memories. I love the one of you & the kids in the Dino, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete