Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ain't love grand?

Last night, Jeremy and I went to our very first Monday night wedding.  I was a little leery at first of this day, why Monday?  But, I have to say I am now hooked on weekday weddings!  What better way to start the week than with joy, love and merriment?  Jeremy and I decided to take it one step further and got a hotel room downtown Seattle, why not after all? 
I love weddings, because they are just so lively and over flowing with lovely people, love feels extra thick in the air at weddings, I like that feeling and it's there even before everyone has too may drinks.  People are jolly and kind, there are lots of hugs even with complete strangers who feel less strange after sharing wedding stories. I heard alot of "where did you get married" or "how long have you been married" or "you are such a cute couple"  Jeremy and I have known the groom 12 years, he is fabulous and his wife is equally as great.  The day after any wedding makes me reflect on the people who got married and I feel so blessed to have these special people in our lives, they are true, real, tender and sweet.  I might still have my head in the clouds as a night away with Jeremy was so fun and indulgent, something we might have to do more often but I do think that a wedding reminds me of what a gift it is to have such wonderful love in my life, ain't love grand after all?
Mr. & Mrs.

My handsome husband with the groom

Me with the pretty bride

us!

leaving the reception

walking to our hotel (I added this pic because it reminded me of walking in  NYC and I rarely wear dresses and I felt good!)

breakfast at Pike Place Market


Jeremy took me to a secret place behind the market sign to have coffee before I dropped him off at work and picked up the kids. 
 Lovely morning, following a lovely evening and now I am home with my delightful children, I have to say it again...ain't love grand?!

1 comment: