8 years ago
Monday, March 12, 2012
craft-less
Nothing annoys me more than a craft...there I said it, I hate crafts! I really do. I often get super excited when I read certain blogs (Kelle Hampton's, Linsey's, Femina etc.) and think to myself "I can totally do that"! I run to the craft store and spend way too much money, then spend way too much time and energy only to get seriously frustrated and burst into tears. I then become stressed by the mess, it's not my cup of tea. Lucky for me, I can make tea, I like to read, I LOVE to bake and I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE to clean. You will not find me on Pinterest, nor at Joann's fabric or Michael's, they just are not my thing. I admire crafty people and that is why I have decided to leave it all up to you, craft away, even share your talent, I would love it! My kids get coloring books, sticker books and an easel without paint, I prefer craft books/and or kits that they can figure out themselves and that require minimal mess. While they craft away without my help, I will be whipping up fresh bread, chocolate chip cookies or a cake. I'll take a deep breath and relish in the fact that I have finally freed myself from the crafting conundrum, we can't all be good at everything and with crafting I wave the white flag.
Labels:
Mondays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Amen sister!
ReplyDeleteNow that was a crafty blog!
ReplyDelete