I am three years into my parenting venture as Theo's mom and I finally realized (Thanks to Sal Severe and his book "How to behave so your preschooler will, too") that I am parenting him the same way I parent Carter. Theo and Carter are so different. I need to change my way of thinking instead of changing Theo.
I have been highlighting this book like crazy but what most stuck out was this quote: "Your child's behavior is often the result of the interaction between his temperament and your parenting style" and "adjusting your parenting style to accommodate your preschooler's temperament is a productive strategy; labeling your child is not." It looks like I need a parental adjustment and hopefully better behavior will follow from Theo. Thanks for your many words of encouragement and prayers, the past few days have been great!
8 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment